The Keene Marlboro Street Flint Glass Works Of Justus Perry 1817 to 1822
When Twitchell,Morgan and Schoolcraft ran into financial difficulty in their first year of operation they turned to Merchant Investor Justus Perry. Perry loaned the capital necessary to the three partners for the factory to be able to continue to operate. The harmony did not last too long as Schoolcraft tired of long days with little pay to show for it left the firm to begin a new life in another adventure. Twitchell and Morgan tried to make the works profitable and sustainable but in the end they were never able to recover from the financial troubles associated with the glass factory and could not make repayment on the loan from Mr. Perry. With Perry now in full ownership the factory underwent good changes as the factory was enlarged,output was increased and a profit was finally being realized.